By: Trevor Doyle, Sports Information Assistant
TOCCOA FALLS, Ga. - The Berry College men's basketball team outscored Toccoa Falls 106-53 on the road Monday night, finishing with their greatest margin of victory in Berry's NCAA Division III era.
Five Vikings scored in double digits including Caleb Johnson, Elijah Hirsh, Quinn Atkinson, Ethan Clark and McCarty Forte. Atkinson led the team with 16 points, also adding a rebound and an assist while going 4-for-4 from three-point range. Hirsh finished with a double-double for Berry as well, recording 13 points and 10 rebounds to go along with an assist, two blocks and a steal.
Berry shot 56.9 percent from the floor including 53.3 percent three point shooting. To complete the well-rounded effort, the Vikings topped Toccoa Falls in rebounds 49-34.
- Caleb Johnson: 12 PTS, 3 AST, 5 REB, 3 STLS
- Elijah Hirsh: 13 PTS, AST, 10 REB, STL, 2 BLK
- Quinn Atkinson: 16 PTS, AST, REB
- McCarty Forte: 13 PTS, AST, REB
TOCCOA FALLS STANDOUTS:
- Jordan Grayson: 8 PTS, 6 REB, STL
- Kevin Cave: 8 PTS, 2 AST, 3 REB
- Thompson: 10 PTS, AST, 7 REB, 2 STL
- With the win, the Vikings move back to .500 on the season, with a record of 2-2.
- The Screaming Eagles fall to 0-4
- Berry's 53-point margin of victory is the largest in the team's NCAA Division III era and tied an all-time program record set during the 1997-98 season when the Vikings defeated Johnson & Wales 99-46. The head coach at the time was Berry's current athletics director, Todd Brooks.
- The Vikings will travel to Atlanta on Wednesday to play the Stormy Petrels of Oglethorpe University in their SAA Conference opener at 8:00 p.m.