By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Both Caleb Johnson and Elijah Hirsh added over 20 points in the outing, but the Berry College men’s basketball team fell to Rhodes College 114-102 in their first Southern Athletic Association matchup of the new year.
Johnson scored 26 points in the victory to lead the Vikings’ offense. Hirsh finished with a double-double on the night, scoring 24 points and grabbing 10 rebounds. Ethan Clark and Myles Moore both contributed, scoring 10 and 13 points, respectively.
• Caleb Johnson: 26 PTS, 9-for-13 FG, 8-for-11 FT, 5 REB
• Elijah Hirsh: 24 PTS, 10-for-14 FG, 4-for-4 FT, 10 REB
• Myles Moore: 13 PTS, 4-for-7 FG, 5-for-7 FT, 6 REB
• Ethan Clark: 10 PTS, 4-for-5 FG, 2-for-3 3PT, 4 REB
• Bryce Berry: 26 PTS, 8-for-12 FG, 3-for-5 3PT, 7-for-7 FT
• Vaughn Samson: 14 PTS, 6-for-8 FG, 2-for-3 3PT
• Daniel Darst: 12 PTS, 4-for-6 FG, 3-for-4 FT
• Berry falls to 5-8 overall and 0-2 in the SAA.
• Rhodes improves to 7-6 and 1-1.
Berry will travel to Conway, Ark., for their next game on Sunday, Jan. 7 against Hendrix College at 3:00 p.m. ET.