MOUNT BERRY, Ga. — The Berry College football team picked up its 10th win at Valhalla Stadium on Saturday night with a 28-14 victory over the LaGrange College Panthers in front of a crowd of 2,764.
The game largely fit the Vikings' formula for success, holding the Panthers to just 37 yards on the ground. While the Panthers controlled the time of possession with 38 minutes, Berry was able to make the most of their opportunities and generate a balanced offensive attack to secure the home victory.
The Vikings jumped out to a quick lead, scoring on the first drive of the game after a three yard touchdown reception by Josh Bullock from Slade Dale. The Panthers would answer shortly into the second quarter with a one yard rush by Nicholas Searcy to even the score at 7-7. Just before the half, Dale marched the Vikings down the field after a huge 38 yard reception from Trey Ciresi to set up a 2nd and 2 from the LaGrange 15. Dale kept it himself, shedding tackles on his way to another touchdown to put Berry up 14-7 heading into the half.
LaGrange strung together a nine play, 52 yard drive in the third that ended with an eight yard reception by Brendan Thomas for a score to even it up at 14 apiece. It then quickly became the Mason Kinsey show, as Dale found the sophomore wideout for a 24 yard score as time expired in the third quarter. Kinsey would add another in the fourth after pressure on the Panthers' punt gave the Vikings a short field. He hauled in a 26-yarder from Dale to give Berry the 25-14 final.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Slade Dale: 12-16, 172 YDS, 4 TOT TD, 88 RUSH YDS
- Jacob Collins: 15 ATT, 88 YDS
- Mason Kinsey: 5 REC, 72 YDS, 2 TD
- Jonathan Fisher: 8 TKL
- Joey Connors: 6 TKL, 0.5 SK, 1.5 TFL
LAGRANGE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Connor Blair: 28-38, 219 YDS, TD
- Nicholas Searcy: 15 ATT, 44 YDS, TD
- Marcus Campbell: 8 REC, 64 YDS
- Fabian Ryan: 7 TKL, 0.5 TFL
- Jamal Shakir: 6 TKL, 1 TFL
- The Vikings collected their 10th win at Valhalla stadium against the same team that they earned the first win on Sept. 12, 2015.
- Berry racked up 354 yards of total offense including 182 yards on the ground.
- Berry will face Rhodes at home on Saturday, Sept. 16th at 6:00 p.m.