By: Lexikay Stokes, Sports Information Assistant
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. - With a final score of 8-4, the Vikings secured a win against the visiting Maryville Scots at William R. Bowdoin field on Wednesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the top of the third, Maryville's Johnny Carpenter hit a single to the left center in the top of the third, scoring Bryce Redaja and Caleb Adams with two RBIs.
- The Scots scored again in the inning off a fielding error by Kris Patel, jumping out to a 3-0 lead.
- The Vikings bounced back in the bottom of the fourth with McTier Mosely hitting a single and earning an RBI which scored Casey Whitaker, followed by Austin Brooks nailing a double to left field, earning an RBI which then scored Kris Patel.
- The Vikings tied up the score to 3-3 in the bottom of the fifth with Devin Skelton scoring on a fielder’s choice.
- Maryville would score their final run in the top of the sixth off an RBI from Redaja's double to right field, scoring Evan Ezell.
- Kris Patel then drilled a bases-clearing double to left field in the bottom of the seventh to score three. He was followed by Jacob Delk and Devin Post knocking in two additional runs to make the score 8-4.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Kris Patel: 3-for-4, 3 RBI, 2 R
- McTier Mosely: 1-for-2, 1 RBI
- Slade Dale: 2-for-5, 1 RBI, 1 R
- Casey Whitaker: 1-for-4, 2 R
- Devin Skelton: 1-for-4, 2 R
- Dylan Beasely: 5.0 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 1 K
- Jackson Byrd: 3.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 4 K, W
MARYVILLE STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Johnny Carpenter: 1-for-4, 2 RBI
- Alden Wright: 2-for-4
- Bryce Redaja: 1-for-3, 1 RBI
- Evan Ezell: 2-for-4
- Jeremy Haggerty: 4.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 3 SO
- Samuel Joiner: 2.0 IP, 3 H, 1 R
- The Vikings improved to 6-3, outhitting the Scots 12-7.
- This is the fourth consecutive win at home by the Vikings.
The Vikings will host Adrian on Sunday at 2:00 PM.