BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – The Vikings baseball team dropped the final game of the series against the Panthers of Birmingham-Southern on Sunday afternoon with a 4-3 final.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Vikings plated one in the top of the first after Kris Patel doubled to left center, scoring Casey Whitaker
- Berry then added another run in the top of the fourth with Austin Brooks singling through the left side, earning an RBI with Slade Dale coming in to score.
- Birmingham then answered in the bottom of the fourth with Tyler Wise doubling to left field, scoring one.
- BSC continued to bring in runs in the bottom of the sixth off back-to-back singles. The Panthers added another in the bottom of the seventh to lead 4-2.
- The Vikings were able to plate one more in the top of the ninth off the bat of Devin Skelton, but the rally fell short as the Vikings fell 4-3.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Casey Whitaker: 1-for-5, R
- Austin Brooks: 1-for-4, R, RBI
- Jason Rose: 3-for-4, 2B
- Kris Patel: 3-for-3, RBI, BB, 2B
- Jakson Byrd: 5.1 IP, 5 H, 3 R, 6 K, L (1-2)
BSC STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- David Scott: 1-for-4, 2 R, RBI
- Rich Misischia: 1-for-3, R, RBI
- Tyler Wise: 1-for-4, RBI, 2B
- Will Toner: 2-for-3
- Jake Cook: 3.0 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, K
- Kris Patel went a perfect 10-for-10 at the plate against the Panthers on the weekend.
- Berry fell to 17-16, 6-9
The Vikings will return home to host Oglethorpe beginning on Friday the 14th at 6:00 p.m.