By Raven Wilson, Sports Information Assistant
MOUNT BERRY, Ga. — Berry College Vikings up their record to 5-3 after winning the final game against the Emory & Henry Wasps with a final score of 6-5.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Wasps scored early in the game with a run at the top of the second inning by Ben Sexton on a balk.
- Berry countered in the bottom of the third with an RBI from Devin Skelton, followed by a double from Kris Patel, earning two RBIs scoring Austin Haight and Skelton.
- Slade Dale then came home on an error to make the score 4-1.
- The Wasps' Eli Straw shot a single to right center to score Macek, pushing the score to 4-2.
- Tyler Calvert then scored on a wild pitch in the bottom of the sixth. Brooks then hit a sacrifice fly to left earning an RBI, scoring Casey Whitaker to give the Vikings a 6-2 advantage.
- Josh Macek earned 2 RBIs in the seventh on a single to right, bringing home Ross French and Caleb Wallace.
- Ben Sexton would score on a balk in the eight to bring the Wasps within one.
- Michael Greene would earn his first save of the year to complete the win for the Vikings.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Austin Brooks: 2-for-3, 1 RBI
- Kris Patel: 1-for-3, 2 RBIs,
- Slade Dale: 1-for-2, 1 R, 1 BB
- Devin Skelton: 1-for-3, 1 RBI, 1 R
- Austin Loper: 2.0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 K
- Jackson Byrd: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
EMORY & HENRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Josh Macek: 1-for-4, 1 R, 2 RBI, 1 BB
- Ben Sexton: 2-for-4, 2 R,
- Eli Straw: 1-for-5, 1 RBI,
- Caleb Wallace: 1-for-2,
- Toby Robson: 5.0 IP, 6 H, 6 R, 4 ER, 3 K
- Six pitchers from the Vikings saw the mound.
- Michael Greene pitched his first save of the season, allowing one hit in the ninth and earning a strikeout
- The Vikings will face the Maryville Scots on Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. at William Bowdoin Field.