By MacKenzie Tuttle, Digital Content Supervisor
MEMPHIS, Tenn. – After scoring 10 runs in game one, only one Lynx would cross the plate in game two, with Trey Rampy tossing the full seven innings allowing just four hits.
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME ONE):
- The Lynx scored in four of the nine innings, maintaining a consistent lead over the Vikings in game one.
- They jumped out to an early lead, adding two runs in both the first and third innings.
- Rhodes then plated five runs in the bottom of the sixth inning to seal the game and ensure the 10-1 victory.
- Berry's lone run of the game came off of a Slade Dale sacrifice fly to right field to score Austin Brooks in the top of the sixth inning.
- In the contest, the Lynx outhit the Vikings 13-4
HOW IT HAPPENED (GAME TWO):
- The Lynx took an early lead in the bottom of the first inning off of a single followed by a shortstop error to move Rhodes ahead, 1-0.
- However, a two-run homer by Alfred Francis in the top of the third inning was enough to ensure Berry's 2-1 victory in game two.
- Berry added six hits to Rhodes' four in the contest, while the Vikings committed one error to Rhodes' none.
- Trey Rampy earned the complete game win on the mound for Berry, allowing only four hits and one run, while striking out three in his seven innings of work.
BERRY STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Austin Haight: 2-for-4, BB, 2B, SB
- Francis: 2-for-7, R, 2 RBIs, HR
- Casey Whitaker: 2-for-6, BB, SB
- Brooks: 2-for-5, 2 R, BB
- Dale: 1-for-6, RBI
- Rampy: 7.0 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 3 K
RHODES STATISTICAL STANDOUTS:
- Paul Giacomazzi: 3-for-7, 3 R, BB
- Bennett Notestine: 4-for-6, 2 R, BB
- Bill Munson: 1-for-5, 2 R, 4 RBIs, HR
- Nick Bosma: 1-for-6, BB
- Jacob Telli: 2-for-2
- Ryan Olive: 2-for-8, 3 RBIs
- Chris Winter: 1-for-5, 2 R, HR, RBI, BB
- Jon Michael Lauck: 2-for-5, R, 2 RBIs
- Berry moves to 13-11 overall, as well as 4-4 in the Southern Athletic Association.
Game three of the series is set for tomorrow at 1:00pm in Memphis, Tenn.